Friday, August 10, 2012

Blessings

Dear Sophia,

I have been blessed with so many things in my lifetime. There's you and Daddy, to begin with, then being a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, and many more. In my last letter, I wrote about how I would be seeing a good friend of mine (Rachael Eggett) this week, and that happened last night! She came with her mother, whom I adore, and her husband, Kevin, whom I hadn't been able to meet yet (I was supposed to be a bridesmaid at their wedding but... long story there.) I brought my very good friend Erica, and Daddy came home from work a few minutes after they arrived - we had a full house! We played games, talked, laughed, I gobbled down a mass of tortilla chips and delicious avocado dip, and we all had a really great time. After Rachael and her family left, I asked Daddy, whom had never met any of them before, what he thought now that he'd met her in person. His reply was "I can see why you're friends. You seem to have very compatible personalities." As an added bonus, he mentioned how he thought Kevin was pretty cool too. (Rachael, if you're reading this, we both think you two are great for each other. He's a keeper!) I am so blessed to have such wonderful friends (including you, Shanna!), especially those who take time out of their out-of-state trip to come see little, er, plump-ol'-me. As for Erica, we spent practically the whole day together, as we tend to do, and I'm extremely grateful for her company whenever I get it as well!

On a related note, I have been blessed with an absolutely fabulous family. For example, grandma, who is very busy even without occasionally tending to me, came over and helped me clean up upstairs a little... or a lot. I was kinda freaking out because, even though Rachael said it would be fine if my house was messy (and trust me, it's still very, very messy in some rooms we aren't using at the moment) I wanted at least the room we'd be spending time in to be at least a little clean. SO, since I can't do a whole heck of a lot without getting exhausted or over-heated, I asked my dear mother to come over and help me. I did what I could, and she was awesome about the rest. It helped that Daddy and I (but mostly Daddy) had picked up the floor a lot last weekend so there wasn't quite as much to do as there could have been.

I love my mommy, Sophia. She has gone through carrying me, giving birth to me, and the nearly-21 years since then. She has, as I have grown up, allowed me to make my own decisions as long as I was following the spirit, whether it was spending the money I had earned on a new laptop for school or even riding in a cramped bus for hours on end so I could go meet Daddy, on my own, for the first time. She helped and supported me through the wedding which followed, and has been a continual source of love and support throughout Daddy and I's marriage. I love the fact that Daddy can comfortably call her "Mom" because she really has taken him in as her own and loved him like a son. I know you're not really supposed to pick family-favorites, but I think Grandma has certainly got to be waaaaayy up near the top, where you and Daddy are.

Changing the subject! Did you know cats can have blue skin? I didn't, but apparently they're less allergenic if they do - and my kittens do! At least on their backs - Penelope and Panda have pink skin on the bottom where they're white. It's like I don't even know them anymore! Ha - no, I guess I never thought to examine the color of their skins. I know their eyes, noses, paws, ears, eyelashes (yes, Panda has eyelashes), tails, and so on but it didn't occur to me to check out the skin on their backs. Weird.

As far as the kittens go, I have been so blessed to have them. While Daddy is away at work, and even while we're both home, they keep me company with cuddles and purrs I love. I don't even mind Penelope sleeping right up next to - or slightly on top of - my face. They are so precious to me and I am grateful to have them to care for and love on.

Changing the subject again - you sure are good at making me wonder. Last night, I couldn't move at all without feeling like I would be starting contractions... which means it was not fun waking up several times to use the restroom, although at least I got some sleep last night, as opposed to the night before. So, you wiggle-wiggle-wiggle all day, then keep my stomach tight at night. I see how it is! I still love you though. That's not changing.

Sincerely,
Mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment