Tuesday, October 16, 2012

New Beginnings


Dear Sophia,

Tomorrow will mark four weeks since I gave birth for the very first time. Daddy and I have decided to join a gym called Anytime Fitness - Ahh!

Actually, I'm super excited. I loved how I felt when I was working out every day at school. I had less of an issue with my depression, better sleep, an overall better outlook and physical feeling. It was great! Tonight is the first night of our membership. I'll let you know how that goes. Plan for tonight: warm up on treadmills, then weights. Woot!

Sincerely,
Mommy.


**Follow-up:

Daddy and I went and had a great time! I really, really wanted to jog/walk a mile. (If you know me, you know my body is not built for full-on running, so jogging it is.) I hadn't done a whole lot of purposeful jogging since leaving college, and I'm still in my post-baby limited exercising period, so I wasn't sure how it was going to go.

Turns out, a half mile of jogging about 4.5 miles per hour was my limit. But I didn't give up there! Oh, no, no, no. Even though it was difficult because I was a little worn out, I walked at 3.5 miles per hour until I'd finished the mile. Charles was sweet. He was done with his jogging before I was, but stayed and held my hand while I finished my own mile.

After that, we walked around and tried out various machines we were interested in. After some stretching, we headed home all nice and sweaty and had a great nights' sleep. Day one - done!

No comments:

Post a Comment