Sunday, May 27, 2012

Letter From Daddy/Charles

Dear Sophia,

Your Daddy wanted to write you a letter. I'm not sure what he's gonna say, but I'm so excited that he's going to. Take it over, sweetheart!

"To my little angel. I know i don't say a lot but i do love you with all my heart. When i found out that your mother and i had conceived i was over joyed. I felt as though our father in heaven was giving me a second chance at raising a little princess the right way. I say that because i have a daughter, her name is Onnamaria Sophia. She was born July 6th 2010 from my first marriage. I do not get to see her and have not seen her for over a year.
 I was looking so forward to reading the scriptures to you, blessing you and giving you a name. I wanted to introduce you to my favorite cartoons. Looney Tunes, Tom and Jerry and many more. Waking up with you on Saturday, mornings having you on my lap watching the good cartoons. Being able dress you up like a little princess and have you call me daddy.
 The day we went to see your mothers OB I continued to tell your mommy that you were okay. As i sat there and looked at the sonogram and unfortunately i could see exactly what the doctor was talking about. Anencephaly, My jaw dropped with out dropping. as we walked out of his office i wanted to strike something as hard as i could. As we sat down in the car i lost it, i balled i tried so hard to stand strong for mommy whom i knew this was going to be hardest on.
 One thing I've continued to hear is that only a few select only need a body and then to return to our father in heaven. On 5/22/12 your mother and i went to the church to talk with Brother Maine, I knew kinda what for but was not sure. Before he extended callings to both of us we briefly talked about the situation. He said what i'd heard a few times " Only a few need only bodies and then need to go back to heaven. Those families who are sealed as we are will have the opportunity to raise that child. As Brother Maine said that it actually sunk in.
 Sophia, I want you to know that i have a testimony of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that God lives, that Jesus is the Christ. The SAVIOR and REDEEMER! That through him we will have the opportunity to be an eternal family. I do know that the Book of Mormon is true as well as all the standard works. I know that we have a living prophet today Thomas S. Monson, This church is true. I love you my Princess thank you for sharing this wonderful time with us. I know i will see you in the next life. I promise with all of my being that i will do everything that i can to be there with mommy and the rest of our family.
 In the SACRED name of JESUS CHRIST AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Isn't that sweet, Sophia? I told you Daddy loves you. He's a keeper for sure. And yes, he says every exclamation point is completely necessary. Haha! I love him. And you. Keep on kickin'.

Sincerely,
Mommy (and Daddy!)

No comments:

Post a Comment