Monday, May 28, 2012

The Great Day

Dear Sophia,

You'll be glad to know that Mommy had a really great day yesterday. Two days ago, Daddy definitely felt you kick! We were laying on the bed and he had his hand over you. We sat there, tracking my pulse so we wouldn't confuse it with you, and all of the sudden you kicked! It wasn't a wimpy kick, either. We both felt it immediately. In fact, Daddy JUMPED and said "Oh!!" I couldn't stop laughing after that. All day yesterday, all I could do was tell people about it. He felt you again yesterday while we were in the car. I'm loving this.

Sacrament meeting was good. To be completely honest, I didn't pay a whole heck of a lot of attention. First, I was enjoying having taken the sacrament. Three weeks ago was the temple dedication (which you went to - inside of me, of course, but you were there!) so no sacrament. We must have taken it the week after that, but last week we were late, so no sacrament. In any case, I was just glad to be taking it again. Second, I was enjoying being with Daddy and knowing you were there with us. Also, during the meeting, we were sustained for our new callings: ward missionaries! Isn't that pretty neat? It's a little scary but I know if we have been called to do it, we will have what we need to fulfill our responsibilities. It helps that Daddy is really excited about it and when he was getting confirmed, his blessing answered something he had been worried about. I love it when things work out, especially when the Lord gives us answers to fervent prayers.

Relief Society was fun too. I sat next to my Visiting Teaching companion. At one point, we were giggling so much that Grandma looked back at us like we were crazy. I had so much fun! That morning, I had seen an ad from a member of the ward giving their six month-old Maltese/Yorkie puppy away. Grandma has always wanted a Yorkie, so I wanted to give it to her. During church, I let her know about the puppy (and that Daddy had felt you the night before, of course) and told her if she wanted it, she would have to get to the lady with the ad right away - she was sure to go fast. Turns out, yesterday was her anniversary and she said we should get it for her as an anniversary gift. After church, I talked to the sister and she said we could have her! An hour after church, we picked her up and took her to Grandma's house. She was SO HAPPY! It's cute seeing her carry this little puppy around everywhere. Haha. :)

That night was nice too. Daddy and I had been very hot because of the weather and an inadequate air conditioner. However, we rigged our air conditioner to blow right on us, and we slept like babies. It was soooo nice!

Today has been great as well! Last night, while we were taking a walk with Daddy's dogs, we thought it would be a good idea to invite Grandma to spend time with us if she didn't have anything better to do. This morning, we did just that. And she came - and took us to Liberty. We had yummy food, walked around a few stores, and really just had a great time. I was really enjoying being out with Daddy. I kept stepping a few steps away and then running up to him and hopping up just slightly so it would be kinda like I was jumping into his arms (without putting my weight on him.) I was really giggly. It's nice having such a good time. I don't know where this extreme joy is coming from, but I like it! I'm sure Daddy likes to see me so happy too. It's definitely helping that I'm feeling you more and more lately. I guess you could say you're the reason I'm in such a good mood. Nothing wrong with that!

We might go swimming later on tonight and I'm stoked! I've been wanting to go swimming for at least a month now. Woo! For now, sweetie, I love you. I'll feel you soon, I'm sure.

Sincerely,
Mommy.

1 comment:

  1. Sophia,

    I just wanted to tell you that you have a wonderful mommy! She is a good friend of mine that I met a couple years ago. She was living in the dorm I managed at BYU-Idaho. We became friends and have kept in contact via facebook. I have always looked up to her and her example and friendship.

    I am so grateful you are a part of a family that is so strong, happy and faithful in the most important things in life, the gospel of Jesus Christ.

    I love you and haven't even met you. Your sweet spirit is one that many, many people love and will forever hold in their hearts, including me.

    Sending you love from Idaho!!!! - Shannon Neibaur

    ReplyDelete