Thursday, May 31, 2012

Animals in Heaven

Dear Sophia,

Are there animals in Heaven? I believe there are. It always makes me happy when our kittens (which we got a day before we found out about your condition) climb up onto the bed with Daddy and I and cuddle with us while we sleep. We have three kittens and their mother, who we just call "Momma." Here are some photos of the kittens.

(From Left to Right) Penelope, Panda, and Killer (about 5 weeks old)
next to a care package with lots of chocolate from my good  friend,
Lesley Black! 
All three of them playing on the laundry while I'm folding it
(about 6 weeks.)

Penelope napping... kind of. (About 6 weeks old.)
Mommy with a napping Killer (about 7 weeks old.) She can sleep
in pretty much any position, and she's a super deep sleeper too!
Panda (about 7 weeks) sleeping on his back, like he likes to do. 
Panda (about 8 weeks) while he was playing with my leg.

Okay, so I know that's a lot of photos, but I can't help it! I love having cuteness all over my phone! Anyway, yes, I believe these little cuties have a place in Heaven. I can't imagine Heaven being a completely blank slate with only people walking around. I have to believe there are plants and animals, things to interact with and care for. I think it would be kinda like the Garden of Eden, where they didn't have to "toil" in the garden, but they co-exist. You would know better than I do about that, baby girl. I'm sure you still have the image of Heaven fresh in your mind.

You would be proud of Daddy, Sophia. He really does his best to take care of us. When I'm not feeling well, he does anything he can to help me. He is a very diligent worker, and always stands up for what he believes in. Several times, the company he works for has caused problems financially - not because Daddy did something wrong - because they failed to pay him for work he did. He was getting really upset about that, with good reason. He felt like it reflected that he couldn't provide for us. I had to keep assuring him that he had done all he could and it was their responsibility to make up for the difference which they'd neglected to pay us. That was what the blessing last Sunday hit on - that he would be able to provide for us. We were both so grateful. It's one thing when I tell Daddy everything will be alright, but it's another thing altogether when the Lord tells Daddy the same thing in a blessing.

Speaking of Daddy, he just got home! I'll write more either tonight or another day. I love you sweetie!

Sincerely,
Mommy.


No comments:

Post a Comment