Sunday, July 1, 2012

Decisions, Decisions

Dear Sophia,

The past few days have been great, crazy, and weird all at once. I talked with the lady from Alexandra's House, and they're going to do their best to help us with the costs of your cremation (which is what we've decided to do. I feel good knowing we'll be able to take your ashes home with us after you've passed away. I know certain people may disagree with our decision for cremation, but we've both prayed about it and feel the Lord approves.) We decided on your urn. It took a few days, but we are happy with our choice. For those who are curious, here's a picture:

Available at perfectmemorials.com.

We're going to engrave it to say:

Sophia Grace Lacey
2012
Our Little Angel

I love it already. Not more than I love you, but I think it's perfect for our situation. I'm glad there was an artist out there who was sensitive to the specific kind of memorial we might need. I'm sure she didn't look us up and make it in our honor, but it really spoke to us... figuratively, of course.

The lady (her name is Patti, but the way) also gave me a birth plan template which I gratefully filled in and have already printed out. It's so nice having that finished - I didn't even know where to start or what to include, and I loved having it all to look at and consider. Speaking of which, I think you were kicking something you shouldn't have today. I kept feeling these jolts way down low which would startle me every time. Some were even painful. I thought I might be going into labor. We had some things we'd planned to do, and since I didn't start having real contractions, we just brought the hospital bag along with us. (I love that thing. I love feeling somewhat prepared. We've got everything packed we want and need, and we just recently added a small stuffed lamb puppet for snuggling with you.)

In other news, Daddy's finger is doing a lot better. I finally got to look at it for the first time a couple days ago. It just looks like a little scratch now - he's such a good healer. Too bad we were trying to guess the weight of the kittens yesterday and Killer scratched the other side of that same finger. Ugh. Oh well. At least it wasn't as bad as the first cut.

Yesterday was very busy. Daddy and I woke up about the same time, but then I went back to sleep for a couple hours. When I woke up again, he'd recently finished mowing both the front and back yards. I was so proud of him! After that, we went over to Great-Grandma and Great-Grandpa's house and Daddy changed the oil in the car (which it was long overdue for.) After THAT, Grandma picked us up and took us to Saint Joseph, with the hospital bag in tow, where we ran some errands, got Daddy a much-needed pair of new shoes from Shoe Carnival, some dollar store breakaway collars for the kittens, and a neat picture frame from Goodwill which I'm planning on painting and placing some pictures of you in. After that, and some of Kym's shopping, we went back to Cameron and over to Erica's house.

I've been spending a lot of time at Erica's. We've become very good friends in such a short time. Her husband is gone for work three weeks at a time, so I'm glad to be able to give her company when she needs it. She has already been so sweet to us. In fact, she made us dinner last night and we brought over some garlic bread we had in our freezer. It was oh-so-yummy. We then watched a movie (during which we thought the cellar door banging on the side of the house was someone being a creeper and Daddy went out and was our hero.) This Wednesday is the Fourth of July and we're going to be taking her along with us as much as possible. It'll be fun either way. I'm even gonna try and see if Daddy will help us and another lady with getting some of the funky tissue-paper-wall-paper off of Erica's living room walls between the ward breakfast and the parade.

Health update! I've been feeling a bit better since I got off of the second round of antibiotics. They really didn't help my nausea while I was on them, but at least they did their job. Grandma thinks I might have some abdominal separation going on (yaaay) which is making a spot by my hip hurt. My back and ... front also bug me off and on, I pee a LOT... OH! and there's the awesome swelling. I haven't been able to wear my engagement and wedding rings for at least a couple months now, and my only semi-nice shoes are just a tiiiiny bit too small. I end up with zig-zags across my feet from the straps. It's super attractive. So are the all-too-common sweat marks from the increased sweating I've gained since getting pregnant. I don't know how Daddy can contain himself. Ha - really, though, I don't mind all the symptoms too much. It'll be weird when I'm no longer pregnant because I'd been this way for so long. Hmm.

So, today is 97 days until your due date. We've gone from around 266 days, to 97. That just blows my mind. I know in the back of my head that you'll most likely be here before that, but since it's the only definite date we have to go on, I'll keep with it.

You've been kicking a lot the last few days, and besides yesterday where you were ridiculously low, I've been feeling you a lot higher than I ever have. It's weird because I didn't think you'd gotten up that high but your motions say otherwise. I just love being able to feel you so strongly. Daddy has even gotten to feel you a few more times, which I really appreciate. I look forward to meeting you, sweetie.

Sincerely,
Mommy.


No comments:

Post a Comment