Monday, July 16, 2012

If This Keeps Happening...

Dear Sophia,

First, a health update: While this heat is not wonderful, I'm alright. I'm getting more frequent pains/discomfort in my lower back and lower... front-area and you've apparently found - and thoroughly enjoy - my bladder. I felt compelled to apologize to Erica in advance if I pee on her furniture or my water breaks on anything. I feel like I constantly need to keep a bathroom radar going. Fun, fun, fun! Oh, and something I didn't know about pregnancy is how ridiculously sweaty you can get! I'm typically a sweaty person anyway, but since a certain point in this pregnancy, I've been sweat-city. I get those super-attractive little sweat marks under my chest area if I do anything. Whoever decided to create maternity shirts out of material which shows moisture has a sick sense of humor. 


The last few days have been interesting. I've been really moody lately when any little thing happens. That, and crying very easily. There was a Relief Society activity on Thursday with an item swap. Grandma and I got there early because she was in charge. I wasn't feeling well, especially because the room we were holding the meeting in was really warm when we got there. For about an hour, I sat and watched as people brought their items in. As our ward is very young, we had many women bringing in unused baby clothes and a few other baby items. I ended up crying... It feels so strange to be this pregnant and not preparing to care for your little one once they're born. My visiting teaching companion was so sweet. She offered to take me somewhere else (partially because she was nervous about teaching her chair yoga class) but it was nice of her to think about it! I declined. Eventually, I was alright. The activity was nice, and I liked having something to do while Daddy was busy at work.

Ultimately, I ended up with a changing table and the baby clothes which weren't spoken for. I figured it couldn't hurt to collect the ones people didn't want or need for now so we'll have something to start with once your sibling comes along. We also ended up with a ceiling fan (thank goodness - I can't count how many times I've almost killed myself on my way upstairs because it was so dark), a window fan (our house is way too large to not have some kind of meaningful ventilation in more areas than one), and a long shelf/coat hanger which we can put in this weird area in our front room. I was really happy about it all.

Well, we've gotten *somewhere* with Onna's mother. At least she's not insisting that Daddy go alone anymore. Now she's basically telling us her chosen supervisor has very little time off, so it may be a couple months before we can even think about seeing Daddy's little princess. Ugh. On a good note, we might have a lawyer who would be willing to assist us without charging us for their services. That would be so amazing, since I've gone over the budget again and again, and we won't have the necessary money so we can even think about hiring a lawyer until the beginning of 2014. Blah. We'll see how things play out, I guess.

Mreh. I'm kinda making myself grumpy again. I'll check in at a later time.

Sincerely,
Mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment