Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Charles

Dear Sophia,

I'm having one of those days where I realize how much I love your Daddy. Last night, he found a card game we'd been given as a wedding gift and brought it upstairs for us to learn and play. We started at 11pm, and finally went to bed at 1am after quite a few rounds. It's not the most fun game I've ever played, but it was amazing spending time with Daddy like that: sitting cross-legged on our bed playing a card game on a cardboard box for hours. I love how, even when he doesn't get home at a decent hour, he takes the time to make me feel special. Yes, he still had to work today, and yes, he was probably a little tired when he got up, but what's important is he makes me feel like the queen he insists I am.

Tomorrow is July 18, and will mark 11 months since he first sent me that "You're beautiful!" flirt. I have been so blessed to have him in my life. He is a true gentleman and everything I've ever wanted. We have known each other in person for 11 months, starting on the 27th of this month, and have been married for 9 months, starting on the 29th. To this day, he still opens the car door for me, holds my hand at every possible moment, and requires cuddle time before going to sleep. He is wonderful with children and great with communication - although it does take occasional prodding - and excited for the time when we can share sleepless nights raising our little ones together. I can always count on him to be there for me and those who are dear to us. He is truly my knight in shining armor.

He calls me when he gets off work, which I love. Last night, we even had a spitting contest over the phone. It was hilarious! Oh, that's another thing: he makes me laugh! I have already written down a list of times he made me laugh in this post. He is also fantastic at taking care of me. One time, he came home and I was really overheated so he had me get into a cold bath and sponged cold water over me for a good fifteen minutes. It was so incredibly sweet. I have been pregnant for a majority of our marriage, with no shortage of morning sickness, overheating, dizziness, and mood swings, but he has been so kind and nurturing throughout.

As I type, he is on his way home and I couldn't be more excited! I cherish this worthy priesthood holder who loves me and is willing to work with me as we strive to better ourselves. We have this wonderful gift of getting to spend eternity together and learning the Gospel. We have recently started getting into the habit of regular prayers together, and we've been working on establishing Family Home Evenings while we're still a young family. If it's up to us, we'll have little ones well-versed in the Gospel and who love it just as much as we do, if not more. When we are following the Lord's will, we have such great blessings heaped upon us, and no matter how difficult life may be, we can get through it.

I am eternally grateful for having such an amazing companion. You can be sure I'll communicate that clearly when I see him in a few minutes! You came to a couple who loves you, and each other, sweetie pie. I can see why you'd come to us. Without the support system I have through your daddy (and many others), it would be difficult for me to be so cheery while all of this is going on. Just know that you won't be forgotten. In fact, you will be celebrated as the first show of our love for each other; a little piece of both of us molded into a perfect, heavenly package. Thank you. We love you Sophia.

Sincerely,
Mommy.

1 comment:

  1. I am following your remarkable blog- prayers of strength I send to you all- keep the faith - it won't let you down
    Keep blogging :)

    ReplyDelete