Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Pre-term Labor?

Dear Sophia,

I'm pretty sure I get to see you today! My appointment with the doctor is today and he usually does an ultrasound when I go in. We'll see how everything goes. I might update later. I just felt like I should say something because I haven't written anything recently. I don't really have much to report. I've been feeling icky: nauseated, sore, tired, dizzy, etc. We think I've just been having Braxton Hicks off and on but we'll see. I have a feeling you'll be coming early. Again, we'll see.

Sincerely,
Mommy.

*Later*

Dear Sophia,

You are beautiful. You were so cute at the appointment! You're starting to measure small now, but that was to be expected. Your little heartbeat was going ka-boink, ka boink, ka boink. It was such an adorable sound! On top of that, when he went up near your head, you were opening and closing your mouth like you were talking or making little baby noises. I love you so much sweetie. You sure warmed my heart this afternoon.

In other news, the doctor says I'm not close to going into preterm labor. My cervix can still feel the exam he did. Harumph. I guess that's good, though. We'll have you a little bit longer. He did say that it's likely that you'll be delivered early, but just not too very soon. I've been scheduled another month out with antibiotics for the next week just in case. Yay.

I can't wait to tell Daddy about what you were doing today. I feel like a proud mommy who is getting to see her baby do something for the first time. Of course, I was seeing your jaw bone move up and down, but I think it's just as good, considering the situation. Keep being cute, my little darling.

Sincerely,
Mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment