Tuesday, June 5, 2012

"Who's child is she?"

Dear Sophia,


I was reading on another website, and I found a post I love. My favorite part is where she says


"He sent me more peace when I just thought of how "ironic" it is that He would choose ME to carry His child. She is not my child that He's taking - She is His and He chose me to give her to because He has been preparing me with a heart for life."


The post itself isn't much longer, but here's a link:
Baby Rachel's Legacy: Who's child is she?


She is so right, though. No child is wholly "ours." They ALL come from our Father in Heaven and we have been blessed with the trust to carry and (typically) eventually raise them or have the courage to carry them when all else says otherwise. We are all His children, all his family which has been sent here to Earth so we may be tested and tried. In the end, the ultimate goal is to be a whole, large family in the eternities. Nothing else matters - not the money we have, not our house, car, clothes. None of that "transfers" through into eternity. What does is our family, the connections we have made, and the lessons we have learned. Everything we have belongs to our Lord, from the blessing of having friends and family around us, down to every breath of breathable air and beat of your heart. It's important to always remember that as we are going through life.


It's very easy to forget the ultimate goal of being a family forever (including our brothers and sisters whom we aren't closely "related" to here on Earth) as we are going through the "hustle and bustle" of life. These little reminders are perfect, and right in line with the Lord's Plan of Happiness. He knows we aren't perfect and will often lose sight of what's important. A humble thank you to both Rachel and her mother. I needed this.

Sophia, I love you. You are a gift from our Lord and Savior. We are all His, including you, Daddy, and I, but you will always be a very dear part of our earthly family. You are such a sweet little reminder of the Lord's love and trust for Daddy and I. Again, thank you for coming.



Sincerely,
Mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment